In the doghouse after eating diamond
George Kaufmann brings his pet, Sollie, to his jewellery shop, Robert Bernard Jewellers, in Rockville, Maryland, every day.
Mr Kaufmann and his business partner, Robert Rosin, were meeting a diamond dealer in late January and perusing his gems when disaster struck.
The three men were looking at a 3carat diamond, valued at $20,000, when the stone suddenly fell to the floor landing right next to Sollie. Before anyone could retrieve it, the dog ate the gem.
They rushed the animal to a vet, who said nature would have to take its course, so they spent three anxious days waiting to see if the gem would turn up in the dog’s stool.
"When we took a walk in the morning and evening I collected and went through everything," Mr Kaufmann said.
Latest Shop Jewellery
Ian Gallachers Blog
Diamond Jewellery News
Contact Info & Opening Hours7 Murray Place, Stirling, FK8 1DQ
Tel: 01786 473696
Monday > Saturday : 08.45 > 17:00